Friday, December 12, 2008

Tales of a Crappy Gamer: Half-Life 2

So for the first time in 4 years I actually came around to finishing Half-Life 2 and for th
You...uh heard the man.
e most part I really liked it. I know its odd to give one's opinions on a game that has been critically acclaimed for years now but fuck it I'm going to anyway. My overview of the game is that I really liked the second half of the game much more than the first half. Areas like Ravenholm were still amazing but when I had to go through that long vehicle mission I kind of lost the motivation to go through the whole thing. That brings up the topic of Ravenholm, by far I find this the most interesting part of the game. Throughout the entire section I always had this extremely eerie sensation about the place. By looking at the place you can sense that it was once a more lively town and now it is just the remnants of its past. 

The second half of the game completely blew me away. First off, taking control of the antlions was a great change of pace. Right when I gained control of them the game started to feel more strategic. I found myself using my antlions to distract enemies while I flank them and other things of that nature. Near the end of the game I got introduced with the powered up gravity gun that proved to be a god danm blast, I could really feel the difference from the old gravity gun that you used throughout the start of the game. Also, I found this game had the greatest ending sequence ever but I wont go into that too much but all I can say is that the G-man has never been so creepy. All in all Half-Life 2 is a lot better than I gave it credit for back in 2004 and I'm really glad I went back to it. I probably and going to go finish episode 1 and 2 now and hopefully it'll be just as good or maybe even better. 

Well I leave you readers off with a simple question: What very popular somewhat old games have you guys neglected to beat?

No comments:

Post a Comment