Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Long Back Blog Part 3: The Final Fantasy 7 Just Don't Stop!

Its been a slow week. I've ended up having to do real life stuff so the gaming has been hampered slightly this week. Good news is, I still made some good progress in Final Fantasy 7 and I have to say, I'm really starting to enjoy myself.

You know what I said about the materia system last week? Yeah, I take that back. I've learned that even though you can put apply role to any character you feel like, it doesn't mean that its the best idea. I knew this before but each character has stats that cater to a certain role. Turns out that's making all the difference for me. I set up Cloud as the main fighter and he tends to excel much more at that then as that, I just didn't think he'd be this effective.

I'm starting to get into this groove that I normally get into when I play JRPGS. Its the groove where I'm able to grind for hours on end. I've managed to hit the sweet spot and now I find myself grinding for 5-6 hours.

There's one thing that's bothering me about the game so far. I've picked up the two optional characters: Yuffie, and Vincent. Now, out of the fact that they are optional characters they don't really have any impact on the main story. They have sidequests but when its time for dialogue to go on with the main characters for the main story, those two characters tend to add nothing. Yuffie's dialogue consists of her talking about how she wants to find some materia. The weird thing is, Yuffie ends up saying that at inappropriate times, during a dramatic scene if you go talk to her most of the time she'll comment on being bored and wishing she could get her hands on some materia.

I'm grinding through it but I'm hoping to have it done by next week. After I'm going to finish Metal Gear Solid 3 and then Yakuza, so stay tuned!

Also, I'm planning on doing a new feature for this blog. I'm still not sure on what I want to do but I think its going to lean towards doing something on a daily basis. I've been reading this small blog (DownWriteFierce.com) and they do a daily feature and "One Paragraph Game Reviews". I think it might be fun to do something like that to help update this blog more often, as it stands all I'm doing is updating the blog weekly. Who knows, I'll update on that topic a little later into the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment